Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I thought it would help a few people out. I've just made 6 Maya tutorials available for free use, and have taken off any time limits to the courses. Basically, if you'd like to get started with Maya then it's probably worth taking a look.
The tutorials cover:
• Rustic scene - The key light
• Lamp animation - Repeating and staging
• Colloseum- NURBS modelling
• Head Phones - Polygon modelling and skinning
• House front - Adding colour and alpha
• Painting with lights - Fog and glow
To get access you just need to login or register to the learning site to see the tutorials.
Here's the link: http://bit.ly/bPXESF
Ok, hopefully that'll help a few people out. Let me know what you think or if you have any comments. I'm on Twitter a lot so you can drop me a message there too: @Escape_studios