We have an exciting opportunity for an Art Lead to join our highly successful and growing Interactive Group. Our innovative Webkinz website is an example of the leading edge work that will keep you engaged!!
The Art Lead must have the ability to define the creative approach for the aesthetic, functional, and content design of our multi-media web initiatives. Our ideal candidate will be capable of motivating and managing the art team, as well as coordinating production schedules.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the Senior Art Director to ensure the best quality and continuity of all art assets for our games and interactive children’s websites.
• Ensuring the art assets meet the technical requirements as set by the technical team.
• Working with a diverse group of web technologists, artists, writers and animators and managing a team of artists.
• Gathering, reviewing and validating project requirements.
• Validating effort estimates, assumptions, scope, and creative design to assist in developing project schedules.
• Creation of high-level graphical specifications for web development.
• Creation of creative briefs and style guides.
• Ensuring quality and continuity of work.
• Designing procedures to integrate varying technologies to best meet all of the above requirements
• Must have a diploma/degree in graphic arts and/or a formal fine arts degree, combined with 5 years’ working experience in web design.
• Two years experience at the Art Director or Team Lead level.
• Must have knowledge of web design and experience working with database driven web sites.
• Extensive understanding of graphic design for Internet applications, including accessibility for the web.
• Extensive knowledge of colour theory, methodology and practice for internet based solutions.
• Must have knowledge of Flash
• Action Script knowledge is an asset.
• Experience with character animation is an asset.
• 3D Studio Max is an asset.
• Must have the ability to forecast, schedule and meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to lead a team of artists.
• Must have strong design and colour sense skills.
Interested candidates are invited to respond in writing to:
Human Resources Dept.
Check out our corporate website: www.ganz.com (This is not the website you will be working on.)