Online magazine Vs Print Magazine

General discussion related to computer graphics.

Online magazine Vs Print Magazine

Postby cool_animator » 30 Jan 2009, 18:45

I like to say various magazines are available some for animation too some are online like cgarena magazine (which is incredible) and some are print magazines like 3dworld, animation reporter and others so which is the best option for the readers and which one we must select.

Please throw light
cool_animator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Postby ashras99 » 30 Jan 2009, 19:12

First of all i like to say thanks for appreciating the cgarena magazine and yes this is the only free english pdf magazine which comes continuously from last 3 years without any break.

Print or online, its a matter of your choice. Generally print magazines read by everyone in the free time during break, in flights, trains etc... and pdf need to be read on the comp/mobile. If you love to read on computer or on your mobile then nothing can't be better than pdf's because you get latest content, they are cheap, you save the paper and trees too. Reading mag on monitor doesn't hurt your eyes then why avoid this...?

But that doesn't mean print magazines are bad some print magazine like gomotion, 3dworld are really good magazines which maintaining the quality in terms of content and printing. But there are some print magazines which is quite bad and created just for your money because they have old news, old makings which released already online long time ago and nothing new to offer. Those mag's are just for non-tech savvy persons and if anyone aprpreciate those then you can understand what he/she is talking about or some money indulge in this. Like recently one launched magazine with extra "t" is quite cheap in price for print mag but there is nothing in the mag which is new like some makings included in the magazine is more than 2 years old which also released on cgarena.

So, its your bet after all your hard earned money is going but both have some pros and cons.
ashras99
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby marco » 31 Jan 2009, 20:53

haha i knowwhich extra "t" you are talking about and totally agree with you. that magazine is just a bullshit i seen and that's available on subscription so atleast 3 months issue money they can get. overall comparison is good and prefer to read pdf mags like cgarena mag or 3dcreative.
marco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Return to Normal Discussion