Digital Anarchy Announces Beauty Box 1.0 For After Effects and Final Cut Pro
Digital Anarchy returns to the film/video market with a powerful skin smoothing and blemish removal plugin
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective special effects software for Adobe and Apple products, has today announced the release of a new product for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Apple's Final Cut Pro. The Beauty Box 1.0 provides editors and visual effects artists working with film and video an easy and powerful way of smoothing out skin and removing blemishes. Regardless of whether it is used for a feature film, reality TV show, or just a corporate talking head, Beauty Box provides best-of-class skin beautification.
Beauty Box 1.0 marks Digital Anarchy's return to making expert products for the film/video market. "This is a problem we've wanted to solve for a long time," said Jim Tierney, president of Digital Anarchy. "There are so many cases where the on-camera talent doesn't have enough makeup on or you're trying to make a 45 year old rockstar look 25. Especially now that HD is so common, seeing skin flaws has become a big problem. Beauty Box provides a great solution that, in many cases, requires little or no masking on the part of the editor or artist.”
Beauty Box uses face detection to automatically identify skin tones and create a mask that limits the smoothing effect to just the skin areas. This process usually requires little or no input from the user and does not involve hand masking. Just apply the filter, click auto-detect, set the amount of smoothing, and render. This is designed to speed up the workflow that is usually required for skin retouching. Effects artists and editors no longer have to manually create masks and retouch frame by frame.
The skin smoothing itself is also new technology. It keeps the important features of the face sharp while reducing or eliminating wrinkles and blemishes. By incorporating state-of-the-art face detection and smoothing algorithms, Beauty Box is designed to give actors a makeover in post-production.
Some of the practical and creative features of Beauty Box 1.0 include:
* Face Detection: Use face detection algorithms to identify skin tones and create an automatic mask.
* Skin Smoothing: Advanced smoothing algorithms will reduce wrinkles and remove blemishes.
* Sharpening: Built-in sharpening keeps important details like facial features.
* Add Grain: A grain generator helps add back any grain that is lost because of the skin smoothing.
* Mask Creation: Improve the auto-mask by using optional built-in mask tools.
* Use An External Mask: Control the amount of smoothing with a separate layer when using other mask/roto tools.
* Use Paths As Garbage Mattes: In After Effects, paths can be used to set the area of a layer that the effect will be applied to.
Pricing and Availability
Beauty Box is regularly priced at USD $199, and will be available for an introductory discount of $139 through Thursday, January 7, 2010. The filter works in After Effects 7.0 – CS4, Final Cut Pro 6.0 – 7.0, and Premiere Pro CS4. On Macintosh, the product runs on OS 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. On Windows, the product supports Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit and Windows 7. Demo filters and samples are available at http://www.digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html