Introduction - For a very long time I have been wanting to try being in the field of automobile modeling. I was especially interested in the Hummer H1 design because it is much more sturdy and heavy in comparison to typical sports cars and sedans which have more of a progressive and modern design.
These factors fascinated me.
In fact, I was a 'Lightwave 3D' user, but I like to use '3dsmax'. For this reason I began modeling this car for the purpose of studying ‘3Dsmax’.
For me, production period lasted around 6 weeks, but if a more skilled individual happened to be a '3ds max' user, the process probably could be completed in faster time.
Since I’m still in the process of becoming proficient in ‘3dsmax’, please make your evaluation based upon knowing that I am not expert in using this program.
First, I started by searching for all possible references (around 100 images) of this model due to the fact that I was unable to find an accurate blueprint for the Hummer vehicle.
I will go into the basic 'subdivisions' that I have done the modeling for. I think that a part of the modeling was done perfectly and it may not really need to be mentioned. After grasping the overall concept, I then went into the more intricate details of the modeling.
- Create the overall framework of the vehicle
- Cut or extrude polygons
- Once again fix and add detailed parts
- With the luggage, I made each of the panels separately and then assembled them.
- I primarily made the overall shape of the body, set the position of the lights, and then created the frame of the car's windows.
- After the creation of the headlights, rearlights, bolts, and the interior, I completed the model by designing the detailed parts of the car.