Bridge and motorcyclist
After that I focused on the foreground elements. The lot of manipulation was made to make the bridge look photorealistic. I used textures of asphalt and concrete to form the edge of it.
Then I made the relief of the edge by using two Levels adjustment layers. One for highlights and second for shadowed parts. I was painted on the mask of first layer when I wanted to make lighted region, same for dark regions. Then added curved pieces of rebar with the shadows.
I placed the reference images of concrete road dividers on top of my 3d renders, then I transformed and masked it in the proper way to fill the 3d geometry. I textured fence with the rust. It was the real challenge for me to texture the ropes, especially the bent one. I drew it’s end by thin hard brush using the colors taken by the texture. The cracks in the asphalt were made by placing the photos with it in proper perspective, then I set the layer mode by Multiply and hide some parts by painting on its mask. Same technique I used for dude and his motorcycle. I used some rust texture with different blending modes of layers for motorcycle and some dirt texture for clothes.
The picture was almost finished, but I spent a lot of time for small details, such as fog between the bridge and background, reflections in the glasses of motorcyclist and the gasoline tank. After that I made the copy of my image with all my layers merged and put it in a new document to work with post production. A lot of color adjustments had to be done to obtain the final look of it (Levels, Curves, Color Balance, Selective Colors) e.t.c.
At this step the work was finished. The resulting image was made for printing (magazines) so it has 7000 x 4000 PX size. And the file size was bit more than 4 GB, so final parts of work were very painful for my PC and for me as well : ) I hope you, guys, found something useful for you and I’ll be happy if whose work is inspired some of you to make a lot of your new work.