In order to finalize the texture I superficially painted with a brush “standard”, a very soft and close to a color
of human skin. The rest of the objects I painted with a base color and tonal range just try to put them in and
playing a bit with the color palette.
The next step was to open the UV’s, Modo 302 having a powerful tools for this. From ZBrush export each
tool on its lowest level of subdivision to import in modo 302. Once you open the UV’s, which took me
about 10 minutes (now I understand that I said “powerful tools for this, no?), I went back to the matter. Obj in ZBrush to transfer UVS every tool at its
lowest level of subdivision, and thus able to
transfer textures polypainting created with
the “texture> col> texr”
Shading, Illumination and Render - This part is done entirely in XSI and I must
say it is the most rewarding because it is
where you begin to solidify and enhance
the results of the work, which I enjoyed very
For the skin shader I used the FastSkin after
obtaining the textures in Photoshop. Layer
“diffuse” is the texture as you have painted,
“epidermal” gives texture Desaturation and
“subdermal” saturating it. “Back to scatter
weight” is a black and white texture which indicate where the white color is more pronounced the translucent
effect of subsurface scattering, in this case, ears and nose. All other materials are “phong with values
adjusted to speculate.
In the area of illumination
light used for soft shadows.
I wanted the left side
had a bluish hue and in
right a yellow hue, as they
are complementary colors
and composition tend to
give very nice results.
Configured to render an
image at a resolution of
1920x1080 pixels, and the
lowest possible aliasing.
Post - Production - The last step was to finalize the details in photoshop, so I took a texture of the wall to adjust the levels and
put a gradient from blue to yellow (left to right) over and playing with blending modes and opacity according
to my liking. Then I added a bit of noise and placed as a background image.
To make the picture more interesting, I added a little blur in the silhouette of Aramaki and trim the image to
a square format to play around with the image composition. Don’t hesitate in sending your comments.