Character Rigger & Animator
Art & Animate
|Job Posting Date:||25-06-2012|
|Job Location:||Delhi, India|
|Job Description:||The Character Rigger’s & Animator primary responsibility is to create highly versatile character rigging systems and animation tools and interfaces for the execution of specific CG animation projects. He or she may be assigned to a single project, or may oversee a number of projects with related technologies.|
During production you develop the rigging workflow and pipeline and provide the documentation and guidance to other fellow Workers. This involves developing and improving procedures and tools to allow for a streamlined and efficient animation pipeline. You collaborate closely with Project Manager to define the rig requirements and the maintenance of all 3D characters throughout the animation process.
You have a clear vision of how art and technology work in symbiosis. You provide the animation-tools for the upcoming animation challenges, and ultimately the delivery against critical milestones and within the time Schedule.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluates the creative requirements of a project and determines their technical implications. Examples include the balance between third-party tools vs. proprietary development, and the selection of specific technical methodologies.
• You are accountable for schedules and show deadlines, participate in dailies and team reviews of work in progress.
• You also actively participate in development and enhancement of the animation workflow and pipeline. Help with the setup, documentation and implementation of the animation pipeline and ensure proper compatibility with the specific challenges of the production. Studies recurrent problems/bottlenecks and trends in the pipeline, identifies current technical challenges, and forecasts future requirements for critical pipeline optimization. All this in relation to the milestones that were set. You help to define naming conventions and versioning for all rigging related issues.
• Develop the tools on a technical / creative level for the collaboration between the CG supervisor and all individual artists, to ensure efficient allocation and support for in and out of office based artists/co-production companies.
• Create documentation, and technical guides to communicate workflow and efficiency knowledge, as well as artistic expertise, document rigging related pipeline and tools.
• Offer suggestions and alternatives during dailies or other creative reviews that may help the Project Manager to achieve the desired result within the animation process.
• Eliminate potential problems in animation tools or workflow before they impact production
|Job Requirements:||Required Skills & Qualifications:|
• 0-2 years of experience using 3DsMax within a production environment.
• Expert understanding of forward and inverse kinematics.
• Knowledge of constraints and hierarchal constraints.
• Ability to create new rigging tools through scripting is a plus.
• Ability to rig different styles of characters using both deformable and non-deformable rigging.
• Experience in modeling and a strong understanding of animation principles.
• Knowledge of the production pipeline.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to set an example for all team members by consistently displaying a strong work ethic, high quality of work, teamwork and motivation.
Required Software Skills:
*Autodesk 3Ds Max
*Autodesk Motion Builder
|Job Start Date:||As Soon As Possible|
|Job Type: ||Full Time|
|Number of Jobs:||1|